Sunday 17 August 2014

Research and concepts - Land meeting sea pt 2












Based off my last design I decided to develop a new way in which the idea of Land meeting sea could be materialized. Some of my concepts included a floating boatshed placed in the middle of the harbor, a wave generator placed inside of a boatshed and a modular pod that would move around with the tides. But the concept that I thought topped the rest was the idea of an aquarium in the boatsheds. Taking what was in the sea and placing it on land felt like a good portrayal of the idea land meeting sea.




These concepts show how the aquarium would fit between two boatsheds. My idea was to have a two story tank that could be viewed from both sides, the stairs at the back of the sheds allows you to walk around both sides of the tank on both of the levels. The space between the stairs would be used for the pumps and filtration systems required for a tank of this scale. I decided to use a tropical tank in this design to provide the user with an experience that they couldn't get looking at local sea life.



No comments:

Post a Comment